Del York International is partnering with New York Film Academy to host a one month course on filmmaking in Lagos, in August 2011. Nigerian directors, Stephanie Okereke and multiple AMAA-award winning Kunle Afolayan have attended New York Film Academy courses in other locations. This is a unique opportunity for filmmakers and those interested in breaking into the industry to attend these courses in Nigeria. They have some SCHOLARSHIPS available, but the deadline is tomorrow, 11 July 2011 (It has been extended from the original deadline of 4 July 2011. UPDATE 12 July 2011: The deadline for scholarship applications has now been extended to 18 July 2011). If you are interested in attending the programme but don’t have a lot of funds available, be sure to register by tomorrow, so that you can apply for a scholarship.
The Del-York/New York Film Academy hands-on intensive Training Program, is scheduled to hold from August 8th to September 3rd, 2011 in Lagos. Previous editions of the course took place in Abuja in 2010. You can read testimonials of students here.
Available classes are Acting, Directing, Filmmaking, Cinematography, Digital Photography, Final Cut Pro, 3D Animation, Producing, Screenwriting, Broadcast Journalism, Music Video Production, Costume Design & Make-Up, Set Design, Graphics and Special Effects, and a Compulsery course on Filmmaking in Nigeria. For more information on each class, go to the class page and click on each course offering.
The course is open to anyone with a secondary school leaving certificate. Upon the completion of the workshop, all students who satisfy the graduation requirements will receive the NYFA diploma certificate to be presented to all participating students that have successfully completed the training program.
- Registration fee is N3, 000 or $20 equivalent.
- Please Note: Before you can apply for the available scholarships, we need to receive confirmation of online registration and registration payment of N3, 000 Or $20
- The closing date for online registration is 25th July, 2011
The cost of training program
- Entire program (includes accomodations and tuition for the four week programme) = $5,000
- Tuition (excludes accomodations) = $3,500
Please note: This fee does not include personal expenses or transportation expenses to or from the venue in Lagos.
- The deadline for scholarship application is 11th July, 2011
- Once your registration and registration fee (N3, 000) have been received, you may proceed to apply for the availablescholarships http://220.127.116.11/registration/scholarship-1.html
- The eligibility criteria for scholarships are listed here http://www.delyorkinternational.com/scholarships.php
- If you have been granted a Scholarship, you will be Notified on 18th July, 2011