The deadline for the submission of films for the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) is 18 December 2011.
The African Movie Academy Awards founded in 2005 celebrated their 7th edition on March 27th10 2011. Held annually in Nigeria, the AMAAs is without doubt becoming the most prestigious and glamorous African entertainment industry event of its kind on the Continent.
According to the AMAA website, the rules for submission are as follows:
Submission Rules* All submissions must be films produced between December 2010 and December 2011
* All submissions must be received on or before 28th December 2011
Each completed entry form must be accompanied by all the supporting materials listed on the submission forms, including the synopsis of the film, the list of credits, marketing stills of the film, filmographies of the directors and producers, 5 DVD copies of the film and proof of the right to submit.
Submit your film to:
NIGERIA: African Movie Academy Awards. 17 A Abenubi Close, Ikeja, Lagos State or P.O. Box 4388 Lagos Nigeria
SOUTH AFRICA: 271 Kent Avenue (off Republic Avenue), Ground Floor, Randburg, Johannesburg or P.O. Box 10313 Lenasia 1820, South Africa
GHANA: 16 Busy Internet Ring Road Central, Accra, Ghana
KENYA: Mr. Ogova, Philadelphia House, 4th floor, Tom Mboya street, Hakati Road, Junction, Nairobi, Kenya 9EA
Have you filled in the form for submission?
Submit your Film here
* All films must be submitted to the above address on or before 18th December, 2010
* For further information call our hotline : +2341-7397248, +2348024265335
ALL FILMS TO BE SUBMITTED FOR AMAA 2012 MUST FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES BELOW
* Films that are more than one parts (2, 3, ect) should be director’s cut between 110 minutes and 120 minutes. Film must be conclusive
* Films should have full synopsis of the story
* Characters must be defined. Please indicate who played lead, supporting role, etc
* Films should contain names of the crew i.e. Director of Photography, Editor, Sound, etc
* All indigenous language films including pidgin English should be subtitled in English
* Music must be original scores, if not, appropriate credit should given. Preference is for original music
* Films should indicate date of actual release
* Screenplay credit/story must be defined