The following call for short films on climate and development can be found at the website for the International Institute for Environment and Development.
Dear friends and partners,
This is a call for film submissions for the fourth edition of the Development & Climate (D&C) Days Film Festival. We are looking for short films (up to 10 minutes) on climate and development. The festival will run over the weekend (4-5 December 2010) during COP 16, as a parallel event to the D&C days. It will take place in Cancun, Mexico.
If you would like to submit a film fill in the form […] online at: http://tiny.cc/1lvh7 The deadline for applications is November 1, 2010 (DVDs received, postmark, and completion of online application). Please send your DVDs to: IIED Climate Change Att: D&C Film Festival – I. Lemaire 3 Endsleigh Street London WC1H 0DD UK
Formats: 3 copies of DVD (readable in DVD player) 1 copy of video files as a MOV, AVI or MPEG-4 (if this is not possible, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Notes on the application process:
– In order to promote discussions after screenings, we will give preference to films which can be introduced by a representative. Selected participants will be notified by email.
– If you have MORE THAN 1 FILM: Please use only one individual form per video. You can do this by filling out the details of the first film, submitting the information and reloading the form again by clicking the link in your email.
– The festival is international and we aim to screen films from all continents. In order to make the screenings accessible to most, if you film is not originally in English, we ask you to submit your film with English subtitles.
– For the selection process, it is very helpful for us if you can provide a URL where your film can be viewed online.
– We will only notify you if your film has been selected, by the end of November. Should you wish to travel to COP 16 solely for the purpose of the festival, please first write to email@example.com Development and Climate Days at COP 16 is being organised by the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED), the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) and the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI).
The IIED climate change team
For more information visit: http://tiny.cc/mg34u or contact Isabelle Lemaire at: firstname.lastname@example.org The online application form can be found here: http://tiny.cc/1lvh7